The Swan was established in 1723. The present bar dates from 1897 and is only one of twelve remaining intact original Victorian bars in Dublin.
The bar has many distinguishing features like a cash desk, solid Scottish granite bar counter, original copper alloy pouring taps, ornate hand carved teak bar back, mounted barrels for pouring spirits and a mosaic floor.
The building has played its part in Irish history and was used in the 1916 rebellion as a signal post, was centrally located in the middle of the Dublin Dardenelles during the War Of Independence and was occupied during the Civil War by the Anti Treaty forces.
The building housed a hotel until 1924. The Lynch Family bought the pub in 1937 and this year celebrate 75 years in business. Sean Lynch a son of the original owners, played rugby for Leinster, Ireland and The British and Irish Lions and has on display his collection of international Jerseys and rugby memorabilia. Including in the display are a Hall of Fame award, signed presented jerseys and a bust of Sean. Please come an visit us.
Aungier St, Dublin 2, Dublin
+353 1 475 272
- Mon: 12pm-11.30pm
- Tues: 12pm-11.30pm
- Wed: 12pm-11.30pm
- Thurs: 12pm-11.30pm
- Fri: 12pm-12.30am
- Sat: 12pm-12.30am
- Sun: 12pm-11pm
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/smp0UpWfEv0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>